Friday 3 October 2008

Google Chart API

Have you ever tried using Google Chart API ?

http://code.google.com/apis/chart/

It’s great! It helps you generate charts for your web site, report…

All you need to do is to create an URL containing all the parameters needed to create your chart, and google will create .png image containing your chart.

For example,

this chart was generated using Google Chart API:



and it shows what countries does devtalks visitors come from ( until 03. aug. 2008 ).
URL for this chart is:



You can even include a Chart API image in an HTML document by embedding a URL within an < img > tag!


I thing Google is amazing. Those guys just keep on impressing me…






2 comments:

Marin Radjenovic said...

Nice tool, however I don't like idea of sharing your data with Google. J recomend JFreeChart. I used it several times before and I like it.
Cheers,
Marin Radjenovic.

Darko Kalinic said...

Hi, Marin!

Nice tool, however I don't like idea of sharing your data with Google.
Well, I think it depends on how important your data is...
It's definitely a good thing to have it just in case you need it - for free...
I heard good things about JFreeChart. Never used it, though, but I attend to...