Saturday 20 September 2008

C++ in plain english ( book recommendation )

Are you a C / C++ developer?

I was looking for something in my books today and decided to write this post for those who use C / C++ .
It’s about one particular book I own, probably my favorite...

Have you ever heard of a book “C++ in plain English”? Yes? No?
Well, if you ARE a C / C++ developer, than you definitely should get one!
I have one for several years, and I’m completely satisfied with it!



This is not a book that will help you learn C / C++ from the beginning.
It has a purpose like a dictionary: to help you find what some function, operator or class does and how to use it…

In the first part of the book you’ll find a complete overview of C++.
Complete syntax , operators , functions and classes of ANSI C++ are listed and explained in it.

The book itself helps you find what you need in two ways:

- By asking you what do you want to do , and than telling you which function , operator or class to use…
- By listing all functions , operators and classes with explanation what it does and when to use it…

The second part of the book is C++ in practice. Here you’ll find texts about OOP and all of it’s principles , and about many other things you use in C++ programming.

Great thing about all this is that entire book is indeed one big C++’s dictionary and a reminder , and because of that ( in my opinion ) professionals who work with C/C++ will be more satisfied with it than the beginners looking for a way to learn C/C++ .

I used it while working on several projects already, and every time I found an answer and a solution to a problem…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interresting

Darko Kalinic said...

Yes, it is.
It's something I always needed...