Monday 18 August 2008

Visual Web JavaServer Faces issue in NetBeans 6.1 and 6.5

In my personal opinion, NetBeans is the best IDE there is… Not only for Java, but generally the best IDE.
It’s really stable, professional and the best of all: It’s absolutely free!
I use NB version 6.0 and recently replaced my 6.0 with 6.1 and hope to see 6.5 final release very soon…
There is one thing I noticed while working with 6.1: Visual web JavaServer faces has some kind of an issue…
Let’s start from the beginning.
I have two NB IDEs started , 6.0 on my PC, and 6.1 on my laptop.
Let’s create some web application, and let’s use Visual Web JavaServer Faces framework while building it.
The easiest thing to do is to follow steps in this tutorial:
It’s quite easy… Just follow the steps …
So, I created two new projects on my PC and laptop , called HelloWeb just as it says in the tutorial.
I selected Visual Web JavaServer Faces framework, I designed the page , I added all the components to it .
NetBeans 6.0 behavior:
If we look at the Navigator (Window -> Navigation -> Navigator , or Ctrl + F7) in Java view we can see that it shows these new components as private members.



I double-clicked the helloButton and added code provided in this tutorial:



And it went really good too…
Finally, I started my new application:





Now, let’s see how 6.1 is doing:
NetBeans 6.1 behavior:
If we look at the Navigator (Window -> Navigation -> Navigator , or Ctrl + F7) in Java view, we ( I ) can not see any of the added components!??



And if you try to add a code provided in this tutorial, you’ll get this:





NetBeans acts like there aren’t any nameField or helloText, and offers to create them for you…!!!???
If you select that, it will create class/Object with that name , but , off course, it won’t solve any of your problems…
So, NetBeans 6.0 creates all as it should, but 6.1 and 6.5 does not!?
I don’t know if I am missing something here, or this is a bug ( a HUGE BUG ) , but I guess something is not as it should be…
I reported this to SUN and asked them why does this happens in NB 6.1 and 6.5, but didn’t get any answer from them…
Does anybody know why did this happen? If yes, please share it with us… I guess and hope that I forgot to do some small and trivial thing here…





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nece nikada ni odgovoriti :)

Darko Kalinic said...

Tako izgleda :-)

Imate li odgovor zasto se ovo desava?

Da li propustam(o) nesto?